Our Call for Makers is still open for the 4th Annual Rochester Mini Maker Faire! We’re hoping to beat our record of 130 makers that we set last year.
Some of the projects that we had last year included:
- Arc + Flame Welding Simulator
- A test of strength to win some fire with Hell Blazer, The Flaming Carnival Game
- Learning to solder your first electronics project
- Screen printing your own Rochester Mini Maker Faire poster to take home
- Tearing apart old electronics and see how they worked
- Wearing a 3D printed prosthetic with e-NABLE
- Animating your first stop-motion film
- Piloting a drone
- Being inspired by kid Makers, including the Rosie’s Robots, a 9 year old roboticist
- Playing video and board games developed right here in Rochester
- Marveling at a theme park built with K’nex
- Creating useful items out of old cassette tapes
- Hearing live music from the Rochester Recorder Society
- Mixing the future with the past with the Rochester Steampunk Society and the Enchanted City Steampunk Festival from Troy
- Picking a lock with The Open Organization Of Lockpickers
- Driving robots with local FIRST Robotics teams
- Making and learning with makerspaces from around Rochester and beyond
- Preparing for the wilderness by learning outdoor survival skills
- Launching rockets through recreational plumbing
- Fixing bikes
- Lighting up with holographic projections and infinity mirrors in our dark room
- Discovering a monthly electronic kit developed in Buffalo
Fire projects are allowed again this year and are highly encouraged! We will also be bringing back the Dark Room, along with a few new special areas.
We’re accepting applications through October 23rd and then through before the faire on a maker by maker basis.
Apply today at https://rochester.makerfaire.com/call-for-makers/.